12 Maoists killed in Indian army operation in Chhattisgarh

Desk Report:

12 Maoists killed in Indian army operation in Chhattisgarh Twelve Maoists were killed in an operation by security forces in South Bastar, Chhattisgarh, on Thursday, officials said. According to a report by Indian media ANI, the gunfight with the Maoists is still going on intermittently and the security forces are conducting search operations in the entire area. However, the details of the incident are not yet known.

  • Twelve Maoists killed in South Bastar: A gunfight between security forces and Maoists in South Bastar, Chhattisgarh, resulted in the deaths of 12 Maoists.  
  • Ongoing operation: The encounter is ongoing, and security forces are conducting search operations in the area.  
  • Previous encounter: Five Maoists were killed in a separate encounter in Bijapur district on Sunday.  
  • Weapons recovered: Security forces recovered a significant amount of weapons and explosives, including an SLR rifle, a twelve-bore rifle, and a BAGL launcher.  
  • Rising casualties: This brings the total number of Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh this January to 26, following 219 deaths in encounters last year.

Earlier, on Sunday, five Maoists were killed in a gunfight with security forces in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh. Bijapur Superintendent of Police Jitendra Yadav said, “Among the slain are two women and three men Maoists. Their identities have not been confirmed yet.”

The Superintendent of Police also said that several automatic weapons and explosives were recovered in the operation. The operation was conducted in the forest of the National Park area of ​​Bijapur district. The recovered weapons include an SLR rifle, a twelve-bore rifle, two single-shot rifles, a BAGL launcher, and a Desi Verma gun. Apart from this, explosives, Maoist leaflets and other materials have been recovered.

SP Yadav said, “On January 11, based on intelligence information, a raid was conducted in the Bandepara-Koranged forest of Maded police station area of ​​Bijapur district.”

The gun battle that began on Sunday morning lasted until 3-4 pm. Later, the bodies of the Maoists killed in the raid were recovered. All of them were wearing Maoist uniforms.

With this, the number of Maoist members killed in separate clashes in Chhattisgarh this January has increased to 26. Last year, a total of 219 Maoists lost their lives in clashes with Chhattisgarh security forces.

Related posts

Leave a Comment